Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

My first game prototype half done!

Hey! I think by the end of this week i should finish a playable version of my first game. I mean that all will work. What needs polishing - graphics, they need to be VERY GOOD. Surely i will hire a professional to make an game icon for launcher, but with ingame graphics im not sure yet. Draw them myself or use outsource? Or look for a artist-partner. I really dont want to share, so the latter option is not for me :D. Pros for outsourcing are the time conservation and professional result. I guess some $50-$100 investments in professional graphics for a small game are more than justified.

Following my Game Life Cycle model i still have plenty of time, because i started work on this game a week ago. Actually, the development time with small games could even be less than 25 days, but i wont rush this, as i want quality. Really quality games!

This game will be similar to flappy bird, but the player will run and jump over pits. I am concerned about game being too easy and not having any challenge, is that a plus or not i will see later. As i am not targeting hardcore gamers this might be a good side. When my game will be finished i will first post it to different forums like java-gaming.org etc and ask about improving gameplay.

Perhaps i will also publish it with my own graphics, and hire a professional from the earnings to redraw everything.

Currently i have all implemented except:
-randomly generated ground, that ceases to exist when it will not be seen anymore, and is generated a second before it appears on the screen. I already thought of a way to to this.
-camera to follow player's x coordinate. Dont want it to wiggle up and down when player jumps.
-play button that unpauses the game
-minor fix to collision detection

Anyway, i am stating that i set a deadline to 24 of august 2014 to finish the playable game prototype.

No comments:

Post a Comment