Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

First game published!

I learned and understood a lot during the development time. Mostly that i wont be making games for profit, just for fun time from time. That i dont like to polish the game too much. The most enjoyable part for me is the creation of a new gameplay. I really suck at drawing graphics (as you will see from the game :P ) and have no intention to learn to draw.

Hobby mobile game development surely can be profitable, but profit caps are around 1-2k eur/month (If talking about 2 hrs per day development after work).

Among developers who shared experience with me there were some who made 10+ apps per several years and were making ~500 per month, and a few those made 1-2 apps per several years and were making at least twice as much than the first group. Just an observation.

Biggest insight was that developing a game i am not solving any problems, thus not creating so much value as i would by solving an problem. I mean like real world problems, that yet lack a solution, or simply lack a better solution.

I really liked the framework i was working with - libgdx, very intuitive and simple.

I have just published the game to Google Play, and it said that it will take some time to be indexed and available through search.


No comments:

Post a Comment